My Little One

My little pea in my pod
My fallen star
Bright fresh hope
Into sharp scarlet regret
Packed away and sent away
Like the hopes with baby socks
Silence of empty pain
Lapping waves of questions
Wash and wash at my heart

My little one, my sweet pea
The one I will never hold
I can never see, touch or hear
My arms miss your sweet head
Cradled in their crook
My lonely vacant pod aches
My head fills with dreams
Of rosebud lips, sweet sleeping eyes
Gently curled fists

Then my soul swells with His promise
One day
One day
One day
Little star, fleeting one
When my own grown light
Flickers out
Crimson seeps from me
And my empty vessels falls

I will meet you
You will meet me
In a sweet smash of shining sparks
That will drown this numb dull ache
Wash my wet face
Refresh hope
Impregnate me with love
Swell my sorrowed soul
And we will have fresh growth of eternal joy

Together

Comments

  1. if you ever need to talk about this let me know I know how you feel and sometimes talking is great healing xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brendan Malone - Church and State Summit 2018

Home Made

Just Call Me Susie-Home-Maker