My Sister's Keeper

So, I finally, finally read Jodi Picoult's 'My Sister's Keeper'.

I really enjoyed reading about all the different characters. I found the change in narrators by chapter a little difficult at first, but once I got used to it I was OK. The characters were likeable and flawed but believable. I found that I liked all of them in their own way.

Jodi Picoult's writing style is easy to read, but not simplistic. She keeps a good pace moving through the plot and of course, there are some heart-wrenching issues that she deals with very well, not belabouring the trauma nor understating it.

I wasn't sure that I'd enjoy it - I don't like books that end on a sad or depressing note and this story didn't appear to be one that could end in any positive way, but it did and I did enjoy it.

Next stop will be the movie!

Comments

  1. Just be prepared, there's a few HUGE differences between the movie & book. I think being prepared will make them easier to accept. (I enjoyed it, but wasn't expecting the changes)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brendan Malone - Church and State Summit 2018

Home Made

Just Call Me Susie-Home-Maker