Early Birthday Wishes

20 minutes after arriving at the hospital, I groaned one last time and leaned forward on the hospital bed, not quite sure why I was doing it, but reaching out anyway. I put my hands around the warm, tiny slippery little body and placed her on my chest, lying back, panting with the effort of a very intense but short 2 1/2 hour labour.

They put warm blankets over her. She lifted her little head towards me and I beheld her beautiful, dark eyes peeking out with wide-eyed wonder at the faces peering back at her. Without even looking at the telling bits, I knew she was a girl. I knew it was Denna May, my sweet second baby and first daughter.

It was 11:56pm on May 31st, 2007.

Those first few moments of Denna's life outside the womb are permanently seared on my memory - such a contrast to the exhausted, bleary, tear-stained eyes I looked at my firstborn with after the 12 hours of active labour to bring him into the world.

I love all my children dearly, but Denna's birth was special. It was so easy to fall in love with her and marvel over her because labour was short......and I got the amazing privilege of being the first person in the world to touch her.

She was small and bright when she was born and has remained that way to be the beautiful dancing, singing, loving, kind and caring girl we now know and love as a much cherished daughter and an essential part of our little family.


Happy Birthday, my beautiful girl xx

Comments

  1. Awww she's sooo cute. So adorable. Having someone like her is truly a blessing. Congratulation and my best wishes on her birthday.

    Hugs xxxx
    Hazel
    Short Birthday Wishes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brendan Malone - Church and State Summit 2018

Home Made

Just Call Me Susie-Home-Maker